Sunday, May 16, 2021

Turn Up The Heat! and a Sohimi Sex Toy Review

 Oof, talk about embarrassment, I'm feeling that way after over a year hiatus in posting. Much of it was due to managing a work/life balance in my final year of my doctoral program, other aspects were emotionally feeling drained from the ongoing accounts of police brutality and also my own management of emotions processing my own internalized racism as a transracial adoptee. Perhaps that will be a post for another time to give it the proper focus and attention. For now I wanted to post a first time for me: My first sex toy review!

How did this happen? It all started when I submitted Privilege to a reader challenge for the month of May (which also happens to the National Masturbation Month;) called the Turn Up The Heat reader challenge. The goal was to showcase indie erotica authors by having participants read a list of erotica, review it, and post it on their challenge board. The prize was MORE erotica AND free toys from Sohimi the company sponsoring the challenge.


 

As I promoted the challenge, Sohimi reached out and asked me to review one of their products. I've been curious about a fleslight type of toy for years and so this felt like the perfect time to try the The Automatic Male Masturbator Cup .

 


 

 

Wow, for a first toy, this came with a LOT of fun features. This version comes with a set of audio noises of moaning. It also comes with a wall mount to prop up so you can use it hands free. I was taken aback by the size of it (it was the length of a large thermos). The inside is a clear vagina-shaped opening that is soft with several bumps inside. It also comes with headphones, a USB charger, and lube. 

It took a bit of trial-and-error but once I got the hang of it it was definitely something I look forward to trying to again. I underestimated the amount of lube needed to penetrate. What first happened was getting my penis partially through and I found that to be a bit frustrating. But, reading some erotica (always a nice way to get in the mood) and a lot of lube used to coat the inside and on myself was what worked out. 

First, the thrusts are INTENSE! I did not need to do a thing, I just lay on my back and held the toy while the thrusting did the work. It has 5 different thrusting modes and with each mode are 6 different frequencies (3 to lessen and 3 to increase the intensity). It takes a moment to adjust, but the intensity of the thrusting starts to feel good the more you just relax and let your fantasies run wild in your mind. I preferred the mode with a constant thrusting motion (some do it in short bursts). I was able to cum with some patience and focus. 

 The second time was where it really knocked it out of the park. For the second, I tried the headphones and listened to the moans and wow did that make a difference. Admittedly, the sounds are not groundbreaking, it's a woman's voice on repeat making some dirty talk. What made it work was combining the overall experience of sex with the sounds of someone else, letting me envision other fantasies (of the naked embarrassed female kind). I got so excited it slipped off! I was frustrated in a good way, and when I slipped it back on I had an amazing orgasm and a sense of joy having found the right settings for me. The other nice part is that it's easy to wash, simply pull out the inside and rinse with water, letting it dry before use again.

I have not tried the toy using the wall mount but that is something I look forward to trying next time. Overall, I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars (Rounding up on Amazon). I don't see this replacing my preferred way to masturbate, but the price for this is the same as a fleshlight, and considering all of the fun additions that come with it (wall mount, moaning sounds) it is definitely worth checking out for yourself or as a gift for someone else. I also appreciate that the company honors privacy. It arrived in a discrete box without any indication it was a sex toy, just the name of the company.

You still have a few weeks to do the TurnUpTheHeat Challenge. You get to win $240 in sex toys and erotica by simply reading and reviewing erotica!!! Don't hesitate, sign up now and win your chance to buy the Automatic masturbator or some of Sohima's other fun toys!




1 comment: