Friday, May 3, 2019

Featured artist: Rafa Lee

Rafa Lee is a Brazilian artist who was born and raised in a small town in the Brazilian midwest, before internet even existed. He grew up having fun playing ball on the streets, playing Atari, and reading comics. He recalled that he wanted to draw comics when he was 12 as a profession.It took him some time developing his skills and at 25 years old, he was able to work full time as an artist. He has worked for 8 years as a professional artist and hopes to work for a publisher one day. I first saw one of his pieces that was based off of a scene in the Nutty Professor 2. I really liked the realistic style of his drawings and requested a commission from my short story Knockout from the Immodest Collection Stories of Exposure and shame. 





Rafa Lee has been an active artist in the ENF community and I wanted to reach out to him and talk about his work. I was so grateful he set aside time to answer a few questions.


How did you get started in drawing comics?
-       I loved reading comics as a kid and begin to draw because of that, I just had to make it my day job because honestly I don’t know how to do anything else.


When did you first discover embarrassed nude females as a fetish and what made it resonate with you?
-       It was because of a commission I did back in 2017 called Business Woman, where she is making a business presentation and get stripped by a ghost, this commission became my most popular piece and I gained many followers because of that so I started doing more stuff like it.


I was curious if you yourself enjoy the fetish at all and if so, what do you like about it?
- Well I like to keep my professional and personal life separated so when I'm drawing I'm only thinking about the art and nothing else.

Also, as an artist who has been working for 8 years, why do you suppose ENF was the genre that helped you gain more followers?
- Going back a couple years I didn't knew the importance of marketing for promoting my artwork, I was only posting random art and expecting a result today I know that an artist needs a fan base and I found mine in ENF.


I noticed that you've been drawing more ENF content over the past year, has this been due to commissions or has your own interest grown over time?
-       My interest is to give my followers what they want, so it’s natural do more artwork similar to my most popular posts.

A lot of your work focuses on superheroes. What do you feel makes that genre fit with the ENF genre?
-       Superheroes are what made me fall in love with comics, and also I know those characters very well so it’s easier to work with them than creating new characters every time.

You've drawn ENF characters in an anime style as well as a style that seems more "realistic." What do you enjoy about both?
-       Realism has always been my artistic goal, but anime craziness and exaggeration can be fun sometimes.

ENF/EUF is a genre that can be tricky at times as it is a kink that focuses around nonconsent. Where do you draw the line in terms of your own ethics when choosing a piece to draw?
-       Well, for my commissions I don’t have restrictions I draw anything my clients ask me to, but when it’s up to my Patreon I like to keep things light and fun, basically the kind of scene we would see on 70’s or 80’s movies or in an Anime.

What embarrassing situations inspire you as an ENF artist?
-       Old comedies and modern animes are a good source of ideas for new artworks.

Any upcoming projects you want readers to look out for?
-       Right now I’m really focussed in growing my ENF Comics on Patreon. Where I’m able to produce lots of ENF content every month.

Contact RafaLee for commissions at therafalee@yahoo.com 
You can also join his Patrion: https://www.patreon.com/join/enfcomics?
Deviantart page: https://www.deviantart.com/therafalee
and Twitter: https://twitter.com/rafaleeart

No comments:

Post a Comment